We want to give you the knowledge you need to take great care of the beautiful Sseko products you’ve invested in! Our popular jewelry collection contains several stunning pieces of brass jewelry, so today we’re sharing some tips and tricks for caring for (you guessed it…) brass!
Storage & Preservation
- Don’t wear your metal jewelry in the shower or swimming. Water can be very harsh on metals.
- Avoid storing brass and gold-plated jewelry in the bathroom or humid environments. Humidity is very bad for metals and will cause them to tarnish.
- To store your metal jewelry, wrap each piece in soft fabric and store in an airtight bag. Try to store each piece separately so that different materials don’t scratch one another.
Cleaning Your Jewelry
- We suggest using either a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner or mild soap and water on your metal jewelry. Always make sure to wipe off with water and dry your jewelry completely after cleaning.
- Do not use any products that contain alcohol, this can ruin the finish.
- If your jewelry is really tarnished, you can use a mix of baking soda, lemon juice and water. Scrub it on with a soft cloth or toothbrush, wipe off, and dry.
- After cleaning, you can buff your jewelry with a soft cloth to give it a nice finish.
Use these tips to keep your pretty little accessories looking fresh! Take a look at the brass jewelry in our Thrive Collection if you haven’t already… you might just fall in love!